Job Posting: Membership & Administrative Coordinator
Posted by Lake Superior Community Partnership on May 17, 2017
This position is responsible for assisting with marketing, events and investor and public relations activities. Position functions focus on investor recruitment, office maintenance and administrative duties. Functions of this position include partner recruitment, invoicing of receivables through Chamber Master, coordinating meetings and events, travel arrangements and providing administrative assistance for assigned committees and staff. This position is the “front line” staff person, the first contact visitors/partners have with our organization and is responsible for maintaining the Partnership’s professional image both on the telephone and in person.
PRIMARY POSITION OBJECTIVES
- Provide assistance to Marketing and Events Manager with marketing activities
- Coordinate programs and projects including but not limited to the Annual Dinner, Golf Outing, 40 Below, LSLA, Business After Hours, OAUP, Quarterly Luncheon and Fall Fest
- Provides limited assistance to Controller
- Implement LSCP investor activities associated with retention and growth
- Open and close office
- Answer telephone, greet customers
- Master Calendar Management
- Assist controller with accounting duties
- Make travel arrangements
- Maintain internal and external office appearance
- Provide exemplary customer service to internal and external clients
- Meet or exceed internal goals for new partners
SPECIFIC WORK REPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and staff networking, marketing and other programs such as Business After Hours, 40 Below, Lake Superior Leadership Academy, Quarterly Luncheons, Annual Events and Operation Action U.P.
- Partner recruitment that meets or exceeds organizational goals
- Help coordinate and implement seminars/conferences that further our mission.
- Schedule and implement email broadcasts to membership
- Assist in maintaining LSCP website
- Support activities for prospective investors and clients
- Provide support for committees as assigned.
- Coordinate and attend meetings/functions as requested
- Coordinate ribbon cuttings, first dollar ceremonies and groundbreakings
- Attend staff networking and other LSCP events as requested
- Provide exemplary customer service to internal and external customers
- Complete interoffice work orders as requested
- Perform general office duties
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- An understanding of the Northern Michigan geographic, economic, cultural and political environment.
- Working knowledge of computers/software tools (MS Office 10, databases, social media tools, etc.).
- Preferred knowledge of design software
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Effective presentation and listening skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively both verbally and in writing without typographical error.
- Strong organizational, planning and facilitation skills.
- Stress management skills.
- Time management skills.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Computer skills and the ability to operate computerized word-processing programs at a highly proficient level.
- Superior ability to establish relationships and confidence in self and institution, quickly and easily.
- Superior strategic and analytical thinking ability.
- Ability to plan, set and meet deadlines.
- Ability to operate autonomously and in a directed team effort.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Attention to and respect for confidentiality.
- Ability to travel and maintain a schedule that requires occasional evening and weekend work.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Any combination of training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in social sciences, business administration, communication, public administration or related field.
- One year of work experience in an office setting.
- Experience working as an administrative assistant preferred.
- Valid Michigan Driver’s License.
SPECIFIC PAY INFORMATION
- Nature of the position: Full-time
- Wage: Dependent upon education, certifications and experience
- This position is eligible for Bonus Programs, Simple IRA, paid time off and Insurance package
POSTION DESCRIPTION DISCLAIMER
This job description has been created in order to help potential applicants understand the essential nature of the position – its focus, scope, and scale, as well as how it contributes to the overall success of LSCP. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. For more information regarding this or other positions open within the LSCP, please contact the LSCP’s HR team at email@example.com.