LSCP Finance Manager Position Open
Posted by Lake Superior Community Partnership on November 22, 2022
Lake Superior Community Partnership
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To download a copy of the Finance Manager position, click here.
|Title: Finance Manager||Employment Status: Full-time|
|Department: Finance||FLSA Status: Exempt|
|Reports To: CEO||Direct Reports: 0|
The Lake Superior Community Partnership (LSCP), a full-service and highly respected economic development organization, seeks a Finance Manager to join their team located in beautiful Marquette County, MI. The LSCP is celebrating twenty-five years of successfully advancing economic development throughout the Marquette County area and surrounding counties and continues to grow. The Finance Manager would join a 10-person team comprised of dedicated, welcoming, innovative, and community-focused individuals where no two days are the same and whose work is felt in businesses and communities across the area. The LSCP’s work ranges from small business support, such as networking events and business plan development, to running a long-running leadership academy (Lake Superior Leadership Academy), conducting detailed economic impact studies, and connecting businesses with incentive support.
THE ROLE. The Finance Manager is part of the LSCP Leadership Team and is responsible for the accounting operations of the organization, including the accuracy of financial results, maintaining an adequate system of accounting records and controls, and ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles. The LSCP manages multiple funds, ranging from our internal budget to community organizations and revolving loan funds. The position also provides operational support and some HR functions, though those are shared among the leadership team. Opportunities exist to implement new processes and incorporate technology to increase efficiency. In addition to the LSCP team, the Finance Manager interacts directly with the Finance Committee, the Board of Directors, and external client organizations. The Finance Manager does not currently have any direct reports.
Full responsibilities include:
- Work directly with CEO and serve as a key member of the Leadership Team.
- Issue timely and accurate financial statements; responsible for all month-end entries.
- Effectively communicate financial condition and results to the Board and Leadership Team; determine and provide financial metrics, trends, and benchmarks to help better understand financial results and make appropriate decisions within the business.
- Manage the production and reporting of the annual budget, on-going forecasts, variances, property accounting, internal auditing, and cost accounting.
- Forecast cash flow positions ensuring sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational requirements.
- Provide financial analyses, as needed, for planning, budget control, and contractual obligations.
- Actively participate in Strategic Planning; implement strategic initiatives to advance the business.
- Prepare year-end accounting and financial statements; collaborate and coordinate annual tax filing (Form 990) preparation with an outside CPA firm.
- Responsible for timely tax payments, recording and reporting.
- Manage annual financial statement review with external accountant.
- Maintain internal, cash and financial controls including purchasing controls.
- Maintain relationships with lending institutions and the financial community.
- Manage accounting functions, including AP, AR, payroll, bank deposits, reconciliations, and other administrative duties.
- Establish, monitor, and enforce financial policies and procedures.
- Oversee and manage membership dues invoicing and database maintenance.
- Provide support for office operations and HR functions as needed (shared among leadership)
- Proficiency with computers and related software (Word, Excel, QuickBooks, etc.).
THE WORK ARRANGEMENT. The LSCP operates out of a collaborative economic development space alongside several other economic development organizations in a beautifully rehabilitated downtown building. We are within a block of Lake Superior, coffee shops, restaurants, shops, parks, and more. While all the staff is based out of the office (you would have your own dedicated office space), flexible work location is a core part of our culture, and you may find the team working down by the water, at home, at a coffee shop, at the library, etc. Aspects of the job will require regular on-site attendance to meet client and internal needs, so the successful candidate will be local or willing to relocate to Marquette County before beginning the role. The team works hard throughout the year, but we strongly believe in work-life balance and managing mental health in the workplace.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting wage of $50,000 – $60,000 annually, based on your knowledge and experience. In addition, the position offers a benefits package that includes full health insurance (with two options to choose from, including an HSA option), a retirement plan, and paid time off (holidays, vacation, sick time). For candidates outside of the Marquette area, relocation assistance can be considered as part of an offer. We also consider our fun team and casual office environment – which includes surprise baked goods, team outings, and birthday celebrations – to be a benefit.
A CAREER OPPORTUNITY. The LSCP’s strongest assets are its people, and seeks to create meaningful, long-term employment opportunities which include career growth. Candidates with at least 2 years of progressive experience in finance or accounting are encouraged to apply. Those with additional accounting experience, a background in nonprofit or public accounting, understanding the importance of working in a team environment, and a strong accounting software background (QuickBooks preferred) will be especially strong candidates. A Bachelor’s degree or certification in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or an equivalent field is desired.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step by sending your resume and cover letter directly to our CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org. The LSCP will review applications on a rolling basis with the first review occurring on November 30, 2022. The position will remain open until filled.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY. Lake Superior Community Partnership, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
New to Marquette? Marquette is one of Michigan’s premiere waterfront communities, located on the southern shores of Lake Superior. Long, sandy beaches in the summer and magical ice caves in the winter are just the tip of the outdoor recreation available in this community. Home to approximately 20,000 residents and Northern Michigan University, there’s always something to do, eat, drink, or learn. Check out why relocating to Marquette would be the best move you’ve ever made by visiting http://makeitmqt.com/. Marquette is also surrounded by beautiful rural townships as well as thriving west-end Marquette County communities such as Negaunee and Ishpeming (just to name two), offering a wide variety of housing options and lifestyles for everyone.