Job Posting: Business Development Representative
Posted by Lake Superior Community Partnership on March 20, 2018
The Business Development Representative carries out the organization’s program involvement strategies, serves part of a staff team for associated programs, and conducts retention visits with area businesses to assess current opportunities and challenges and inform of applicable LSCP business services.
PRIMARY POSITION OBJECTIVES
- Conducts partner and prospect retention/expansion and recruitment visits.
- Provides business assistance to regional companies.
- Serves as lead staff for select boards and committees as assigned.
- Works with marketing team to develop materials for BRE program
- Responsible for metrics tracking for assigned programs including but not limited to business retention, talent, partner retention, and partner recruitment.
- Lead role in the LSCP Strategic Plan process and projects.
- Participate in a variety of LSCP events as support or attendee as required.
- Understands local, state, and federal economic development programs.
- Responsible for EDC activities as assigned.
SPECIFIC WORK RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understanding and knowledge of business and economic development strategies available to assist companies with challenges and opportunities
- Conduct business retention visits and associated follow up with existing companies in support of their program, incentive and financial needs.
- Conduct partner retention and recruitment visits.
- Understanding of local, state, and federal business and economic development programs and incentives
- Provide staff support and assistance to associated programs.
- Respect for confidential client, business, and project information.
- Monitor local, state, and federal legislation and regulations relating to business and economic development.
- Provide support for LSCP task forces and committees as assigned.
- Play a lead role in the LSCP strategic plan process and projects.
- Participation in regional and state-wide business and economic development learning opportunities.
- Evaluate, interpret, and incorporate state programs into the organizational plan.
- Represent LSCP at a variety of events.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with a variety of public and private sector individuals, businesses, and organizations.
- Oral presentations and written communications.
- Additional duties as assigned by the CEO.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Business and economic development theories and practices, programs, services, and resources.
- An understanding of the Northern Michigan economic, cultural, and political environment.
- Working knowledge of computers/software tools (MS Office 10, databases, social media tools, etc.).
- Understanding of business development and business regulations.
- Understanding of business finance and budgeting.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Effective verbal, written, presentation, and listening communications skills.
- Strong organizational, planning, and facilitation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Stress management skills.
- Time management skills.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Computer skills and the ability to operate computerized word-processing programs at a highly proficient level.
- Results oriented and proven track record in establishing and achieving ambitious goals.
- Superior ability to establish relationships and confidence in self and institution quickly and easily.
- Superior strategic and analytical thinking ability.
- Ability to plan set and meet deadlines.
- Ability to operate autonomously and in a directed team effort.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Attention to and respect for confidentiality.
- Ability to travel and maintain a schedule that requires occasional evening and weekend work.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in social sciences, business administration, communication, marketing, finance or related field.
- Valid Michigan Driver’s License
- Sales experience helpful.
SPECIFIC PAY INFORMATION
- Nature of the position: Full-time
- Salary: Dependent upon education, certifications and experience
- This position is eligible for Incentive Compensation Plan (ICP), Simple IRA, Paid time off and Health Insurance package.
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
POSITION DESCRIPTION DISCLAIMER
This job description has been created in order to help potential applicants understand the essential nature of the position – its focus, scope, and scale, as well as how it contributes to the overall success of LSCP. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. For more information regarding this or other positions open within the LSCP, please contact the LSCP’s HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org.