Why Marquette County?
Whether you’re looking to relocate a business or start one from the ground up, one thing remains the same: your desire to succeed!
The Lake Superior Community Partnership, an Accredited Economic Development Organization thru the International Economic Development Council, will act as the liaison between you, and all the necessary partners to ensure a seamless process for your business project.
In Marquette County, you and your family will do more than live, you will thrive in an environment rich in natural beauty, local history, cultural diversity and economic well-being.
Marquette County serves as a regional shopping destination for the Upper Peninsula. Kohl’s, Gander Mountain, Target, Pier 1, Michael’s, Lowe’s Home Improvement Store, Tractor Supply Company, Best Buy, Walgreens, TJ Maxx and PetSmart have all opened new stores in recent years.
Natural resourced based companies and manufacturers in the area include; Cliffs Natural Resources, Lundin Mining, RTI Surgical, National Carbon Technologies, Argonics, Superior Extrusion, Frontier Medical and Potlach.
Sawyer International Airport, located at the former K.I. Sawyer Air Force Base, saw 89,126 passengers travel through in 2016. Sawyer International Airport provides service to more than 50% of passengers traveling to and from the Upper Peninsula.
Browse our Site Selector tab menu for more information on Marquette County, or contact us today at 888-578-6489.
What Others Are Saying!
- Best in Travel in the World- #10 Best Value
- 8 Reasons To Drop Everything and Move To This Michigan City – Marquette
- The Most Underrated Place in Every State – Marquette Mi.
- #1 State in America – Michigan, 2015
- 10 Underrated U.S. Adventure Destinations – Upper Peninsula, 2015
- #8 State for Innovation – Michigan, 2015
- Best Paddling Towns: Marquette, MI, 2015
- #8 Best Small City in America – Marquette, 2015
- #23 Best Place for Millenial Job Seekers in the Midwest – Marquette, 2015
- #10 Best Place for Young Families – Ishpeming, 2015
- 25 Best Places to Travel – Marquette, 2015
- America’s 25 Best Hockey Towns – Marquette, 2015
- U. Mich. Dearboarn iLabs Top eCities, Five Stars for Marquette Charter Township, Four Stars for the City of Marquette, 2012
- Top 10 Best Places to Retire, CBS Money Watch, 2012
- Top 25 Best Places to Retire, CNN Money Magazine, 2011
- 10 Winter Wonderlands to Retire, U.S. News, 2010
- Fan Favorite – Dozen Distinctive Destinations, National Trust for Historic Preservation, 2010
- Bicycle Friendly Communities, League of American Bicyclists, 2010
- 100 Best Communities for Young People, America’s Promise Alliance, 2006, 2007, 2008
- Best Places to Live in Rural America, Progressive Farmer, 2008
- Top 200 Towns for Outdoorsman, Outdoor Life, 2008 (#7 and the only town in Michigan)
- Top 25 Shortest Commutes, CNNMoney.com, 2008 (#1)
- Top 8 Running Towns in the Country, Trail Runners Magazine, 2008
- Best Places to Buy Vacation Property, Men’s Journal, 2006
- America’s Most Livable Communities, Partners for Livable Communities, 2004
- All-America County, National Civic League, 2003