LSCP Economic Development Intern
Posted by Lake Superior Community Partnership on January 8, 2018
Job Title: Economic Development Intern
Reports to: Economic Development Team
Minimum Education Required: Currently enrolled in Northern Michigan University and eligible for work study.
Key Job Responsibilities: Supports the economic development team and is responsible for overall office support and administrative duties.
- Coordinate meetings, prepare materials and attend meetings of LSCP staff, boards, committees and groups as requested
- Assist Economic Development team and the CEO with research, client management, scheduling meetings, preparing meeting materials, making travel arrangements and other duties as assigned
- Assist with the development of economic impact studies
- Data analysis
- Follow up and track prospect/client contacts and inquiries
- Provide exemplary customer service to internal and external customers
- Answer telephone and greet customers
- Complete interoffice work orders as requested
- Perform general office duties such as faxing, filing, copying, word processing, etc.
Qualifications: Working knowledge of computers/software tools (Microsoft Office programs, databases, social media tools, etc.). Other qualifications needed include customer service skills, written and oral communication skills and organization skills. Must be available approx. 10-25 hours per week including a few after hours’ events (schedule is flexible). Must have Valid Driver’s License. Work study is available.
Specific Pay Information:
- Nature of the position: Part-time
- Wage: $9.50/hour
How to Apply: If you believe your qualifications match the responsibilities of the position and are interested in applying, please submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail only to email@example.com. Application deadline is January 29, 2018.