LSCP Wrapping Up Another Year and Looking Forward to 2018
Posted by Lake Superior Community Partnership on December 18, 2017
MARQUETTE – The final column of 2017 already? Where has the year gone? At the Lake Superior Community Partnership, we have had a great year thanks to our many amazing partners and stakeholders! In early 2018, I will roll out our 2017 year in review and it will be worth the read. Right now, we are busy working to close out this year and prepping for next (along with meeting client needs). Speaking of business clients, I can tell you that we have served nearly 500 across the region!
As you may know, the LSCP provides a wide variety of effective business development services. These low or no-cost services are available to anyone in our county. Whether you have an idea for a business or have a business that has been around for 50 years, we are here to assist. Services are available to anyone in Marquette County because of the investment that our current partners make. Remember, anytime you invest in the LSCP it allows us to help businesses start, grow, overcome challenges and take advantage of opportunities … all generating wealth in our region. In 2016, every $1 invested in the LSCP facilitated $104 of new investment in our community. That’s a great return on your investment!
Are you looking for more ways to utilize your existing partnership or become a new investor with the LSCP? We can help with that! The best way to start is to contact our staff to discuss your goals. We would love to connect you with the appropriate resources. Here are a few ideas that may help:
– Maybe you’re looking to do more networking within the community. Attend (or even better, host!) a Business After Hours. Or get involved with one of the many LSCP committees.
– Does your business have a big announcement to make or need assistance with a ribbon cutting or groundbreaking? Let us handle all of the details and take that work off of your plate.
– Stay tuned to our events calendar; we post many free webinars throughout the year on topics that are beneficial to you and your coworkers.
– Are you looking for additional ways to market your business? Consider sending an e-blast or utilizing our Key to the County program. Have you participated in our Business to Business Expo?
– How about leadership development? Our Lake Superior Leadership Academy has served this role since 1999 and is just waiting for you to sign on.
– Research/Data Assistance – utilize our many research tools including ZoomProspector, SizeUp, Economic Modeling Specialists and more.
And these are only a few of the ways being an LSCP partner can make a difference in your business.
One of the tasks that comes along with that is invoicing for 2018. Each year when you receive the invoice for your investment, I am sure you reflect on its value to your company and the community. Businesses join the LSCP for different reasons. Many companies benefit from working with our business development team and want to see those services continue for others with business development needs. The dollars generated from your investment ensure the LSCP staff has the tools and expertise to do just that. Some joined the LSCP because they see the different marketing, networking, research and advocacy benefits we can provide their business. No matter why you choose to invest, I want to take this opportunity to remind everyone of the many reasons why your investment in the LSCP and in Marquette County is critical and to thank those who continue to invest and support.
So when you receive your invoice for your investment in the LSCP, remember it is helping to sustain and grow economic development in Marquette County. As this growth occurs, tax revenue is increased allowing critical services, recreation and education to be funded which makes this a great place to live. Not already a partner? I invite you to contact our office 906-226-6591 to find out how joining could assist your business!
Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!
Amy Clickner, CEO, writes a bi-weekly column for the Mining Journal.