LSCP Marketing & Events Intern
Posted by Lake Superior Community Partnership on May 3, 2018
Lake Superior Community Partnership
|Title: Marketing & Events Intern||Employment Status: Part-time|
|Department: Marketing and Communications||FLSA Status: Exempt|
|Reports To: Marketing & Events Manager||Direct Reports: 0|
This position is responsible for assisting with marketing, events and investor and public relations activities. The Marketing & Events Intern will have the opportunity to build relevant skills in a professional office environment by helping the Lake Superior Community Partnership achieve its marketing objectives.
- Provide assistance to the Marketing & Events Manager with marketing, communication, public relations and social media activities
- Assist with programs, events and fundraisers including but not limited to: the Annual Dinner, Golf Outing, 40 Below, LSLA, Business After Hours, OAUP and Fall Fest
- Coordinate email blast advertisements
- Schedule appointments, ribbon cuttings, and groundbreaking ceremonies
- Write and edit press releases, social media posts, website pages, and other publications
- Customer service duties (e.g. answering phones, greeting clients and visitors, etc.)
- Perform general administrative duties
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of computers/software tools (MS Office, databases, social media tools, etc.).
- Knowledge of design software preferred but not required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Effective presentation and listening skills
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively both verbally and in writing without typographical error
- Strong organizational, planning and facilitation skills.
- Stress management skills
- Time management skills
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Computer skills and the ability to operate computerized word-processing programs at a highly proficient level
- Superior ability to establish relationships and confidence in self and institution, quickly and easily
- Ability to plan, set and meet deadlines
- Ability to operate autonomously and in a directed team effort
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Attention to and respect for confidentiality
- Ability to attend occasional after-hours events
- Must be willing to work at least 15-20 hours a week
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled in Northern Michigan University working toward a degree in marketing, business administration, public relations, communications, public administration or other related field.
- Valid Michigan Driver’s License.
SPECIFIC PAY INFORMATION
- Nature of the position: Paid, temporary, part-time
- Wage: Dependent upon education, certifications and experience
Email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
POSITION DESCRIPTION DISCLAIMER
This job description has been created in order to help potential applicants understand the essential nature of the position – its focus, scope, and scale, as well as how it contributes to the overall success of LSCP. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties, or responsibilities.