Now Hiring: Economic Development Project Manager
Posted by Lake Superior Community Partnership on May 10, 2023
Economic Development Project Manager
Part-Time (20 – 25 hours/week); Limited Term (LT)
|Department: Economic Development||FLSA Status: Non-Exempt|
|Reports To: Director of Business Development||Direct Reports: 0|
The Economic Development Project Manager (EDPM) will provide leadership for the implementation of economic development priority projects that further the LSCP’s strategic plan and mission. For summer 2023, the main priority of this position will be managing the Childcare SPARK program (home-based childcare business incubator). The EDPM will also be responsible for other related projects within the business development field which bolster business support, as time allows. This is a limited-term position based on grant funding which is currently authorized through September 30, 2023.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBJECTIVES
- Provide support for the Marquette County Childcare Home Business Incubator.
- Provide support for other business development projects that align with the LSCP’s mission and business development strategic focus area.
- Implement all aspects of the Childcare SPARK program as agreed to between the program partners including coordinating speakers, mentoring pairs, and business support services.
- Coordinate any necessary data collecting and reporting for grant administration purposes.
- Provide oral presentations and written communications.
- Coordinate other business development projects, as assigned.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Business Development or the CEO.
- Demonstrated ability with computers/software tools (Microsoft 365, databases, social media tools, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively including presenting information orally and in writing to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain working relationships with peers, ad hoc teams, the LSCP’s partners, members of the community, etc.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, time management, and event management skills.
- Understanding of the Northern Michigan geographic, economic, cultural, and political environment.
- Valid Michigan Driver’s License.
- The following qualifications are preferred, but not required:
- Working knowledge of economic development, business development, childcare, or other related trends and resources.
- Currently or previously enrolled in an accredited high education degree program related to business, economic development, public administration, project management, childcare, or any other related field.
All candidates possessing a combination of training and experience necessary to complete the position objectives and responsibilities as outlined above will be considered.
COMPENSATION AND CLASSIFICATION
This is a part-time (up to 25 hours a week), limited-term position currently authorized through 9/30/2023. Hourly wage of $18.00 – $20.00/hour, depending on qualifications. The position is eligible for a retention bonus of up to 15% for the full competition of agreed-upon terms and outcomes. The position is not eligible for benefits.
Equal Opportunity: Lake Superior Community Partnership, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Disclaimer: This job description has been created in order to help potential applicants understand the essential nature of the position – its focus, scope, and scale, as well as how it contributes to the overall success of LSCP. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with the position.
Apply here: https://www.indeed.com/job/economic-development-project-manager-33553b238c8fe743